The Richmar TheraTouch® DX2
diathermy unit is an electro-therapeutic modality device offering a
continuous and pulsed output mode to generate deep heat within body
tissues, with the goal of increasing blood circulation, improving tissue
mobility and healing, and, ultimately, relieving pain. Diathermy has
been, and continues to be, very widely used in the clinical setting by
physical therapists, occupational therapists, athletic trainers, and
other pain management specialists all around the world.
most other Diathermy devices which take 5-6 minutes to heat up, the
TheraTouch DX2 heats up on average in less than 45 seconds!
Why? Because it features patented H.E.A.T. technology
(High Efficiency Auto Tuning). The resonant auto-tuning technology
continually adjusts to provide consistent coupling, based on
calculations of the patient’s impedence, size, and body density. This
ensures maximum energy transmission, without resorting to a higher
dosage, resulting in faster heating and shorter treatment times. The
result: patients are able to get in and out the door much quicker
after getting the therapy they need. Benefits both the patient and the
With the TheraTouch DX2’s tighter titration, two ADDITIONAL dosimetry options are now available.
Traditional diathermy units provide a dosimetric scale categorized by four doses:
- DOSE I - Sub-Thermal (5W)
- DOSE II - Mild Heat (12W)
- DOSE III - Low Heat (24W)
- DOSE IV - Vigorous Heat (48W)
heating effect from Dose IV can oftentimes be uncomfortable due to the
much stronger heat applied to less muscle mass and/or the thinness of
the skin, such as with geriatric
patients. To better meet the needs of these patients, Richmar's
exclusive new Scientific Dosage Control (SDC) provides two
additional increments of heating to Dose III:
- DOSE III SDC M - Moderate Heat (30W)
- DOSE III SDC H - High Heat (36W)
unique parameters afforded by Richmar’s SDC allows for an increased
thermal effect with decreased risk, and greater therapeutic flexibility.
The Microcirculation Indication is an exclusive parameter found in the
DX2's Quick Link library to enhance tissue healing and be an effective adjunct therapy, based on studies of
sub-thermal pulsed shortwave diathermy.*
This indication can be especially helpful in long term
care and skilled nursing facilities.
Unlike most diathermy devices which have a basic
non-thermal Dose 1, the TheraTouch DX2 has been FDA-Approved as the ONLY diathermy device indicated for
Microcirculation at Dose 1.
- Muscle Spasms,
- Joint Contractures,
- Low Back Pain,
- Other Tissue Injuries.
- Anatomical Treatment Guide for easy monode placement.
- Save up to 99 user-defined settings.
- 9 evidence-based Quick Links by Indication.
- Qualitative Thermal Dosimetry with six settings included.
- Easy-to-use, touch-screen interface.
- USB port for easy software upgrades.
- Dual treatment indicators on unit and inductive drum.
- 3 Manufacturer Year Warranty.
- Continuous Mode Output: 100W Average Power at 50O
- Pulsed Mode Output: 200W Peak Power at 50O
- Input Power: 100-240 V ~ 50/60 Hz
- Output Frequency: 27.12 MHz ± 0.6%
- Power Increment Settings: .5 W
- Pulse Width: 20 - 400 µsec in 20 µSec increments
- Pulse Frequencies: 10 - 800 Hz in 10 Hz increments
- Treatment Duration: 1 - 30 min in 1 min increments
- Electrical Class: CLASS I
- Electrical Type: TYPE BF
- ETL- & UL-Certified Safety Standards
Please Call Or Email For Any Parts & Accessories:
- Coil Monode Drum (14cm)
- Coaxial Cable for Coil Monode Drum
- Mechanical Arm