Hard Drive and Disk Degausser
Proton T-1.5 Hard Drive Degausser is a drawer style degausser that
permanently erases data from hard drives and various tape media. It has
an effective magnetic field of 1.5 Tesla, making it capable of
sanitizing the highest coercivity media available today and it will
continue to keep pace as hard drive technology advances.
The T-1.5 helps organizations protect their sensitive information and
stay in compliance with recognized data security standards and
regulations. It is the ultimate guard against data loss, which can lead
to costly data breaches.
This product meets NIST, HIPPA and PCI Standards. It also meets DoD requirements for sanitizing unclassified government data as well as being an NATO listed device.
The T-1.5 is fully
automatic and has a cycle time of less than 5 seconds, making it the
fastest electromagnetic pulse degausser available. Operation is simple,
just insert media into the drawer and push the start button. Internal
software acts as a built in safeguard and assures the unit is operating
at peak performance for each cycle.
The T-1.5 is extremely
compact and portable which allows it to fit easily into existing
operations and be transported when necessary.
- Destruction of confidential and sensitive data in accordance with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Meets US Department of Defense (DoD) and Defense Security Services (DSS) requirements for sanitizing unclassified data.
- Provides compliance under regulations such as HIPAA, PCI DSS, GLBA, FACTA, etc.
software requires all parameters (capacitor voltage, switch, etc.) are
present prior to the “Go” LED display. If any problem exists that will
compromise degaussing, the “Go” LED will not display. This software
guarantees that each degauss cycle delivers sufficient strength and
- Will erase any magnetic media that fits
into drawer including all standard hard drives (laptop, desktop and
network) and storage tapes (DLT, LTO, DDS/DAT, etc.).
- No adapters required; Maintenance free.
- Optional deployment case with wheels is available. (Contact us for details)
- Manufactured in the USA in ISO 9001 certified facilities.
- CE Certified and ships with the CE Mark.
– Automatically converts between 120V and 240V
Accepts all magnetic media
within 1" x 4.3" x 6" (2.5 x 11 x 15 cm)
1.5 Tesla (15,000 Gauss) Minimum
1.7 Tesla (17,000 Gauss) Peak
48 lbs (21.8 kg)
12" H x 12" W x 20" L (30.5 x 30.5 x 50 cm)
1,200/hour (3.5" hard drives)
4,800/hour (4 laptop drives/cycle)